Monday, March 26, 2007

Second Weekend Analysis - Bittersweet

Nobody wants to see all 4 1 seeds in the final four. BUT THE WRONG 1 SEEDS WERE KNOCKED OUT!!!!

My bracket was already bye bye, so I was rooting for a UNC vs Kansas championship game. I felt that would be huge! Roy williams matching up against his former team, a team that he had "dynasized" for over a decade. Although all of Roy Williams' recruits from Kansas are gone, I felt that would be a fun game for Roy Williams. But nevermind that.

Kudos to UCLA and Georgetown for taking it to town against these teams. Afflalo battled vs. Kansas to prove his critics wrong, he really can perform with big stakes. As for UNC, what can you say? How do you not score for so long? Especially with a roster full of McDonald's All Americans? Personally, I couldn't believe my eyes. Arguably the mot offensive team in the country couldn't score? Although only those standing on the court know truly what happened, I felt as if the young Tar Heel squad was becoming spoiled. Throughout the tourney they had played teams that hung tough with UNC but because of fatigue, bombed out at the end. This time, it was UNC that bombed out. Credit must still be given to GU.

It was a great season. Expectations are only higher for next year. Psycho T, though not official, has indicated that he would like to be a Tar Heel next season. There will be no recruits coming in for next season. The only "new" player will be William Graves, whom Coach roy redshirted this year because, for some strange reason, he wasn't needed.

Now I will be forced to root for UCLA and Georgetown, because I do not want to see Florida vs. Ohio State again. They already played football together, why not save basketball for someone else?

No comments: