Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Highlighter [2 Kings 24 - Ezra 10]

I missed the past two weeks doing this. I wish I had a great excuse, I just flat out forgot. Thankfully, I was able to catch up and get back on pace to where I should be.

I'll limit what I log since so many chapters are covered...

1 Chronicles 11:9 And David became more and more powerful, because the LORD Almighty was with him.

When we have the LORD on our side, we can do great things!

1 Chronicles 28:9 If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

2 Chronicles 2:5b because our God is greater than all other gods.

Just a friendly reminder :-)

2 Chronicles 7:17 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

1. Humble themselves
2. Pray
3. Seek God
4. Repent from their ways

Doing those 4 things will change your life! I promise. We we do this we will realize how great God is and how much we need him. Once we come to that realization, HE will take care of the rest.

2 Chronicles 20:17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.


Ezra 3:3 Despite their fear of the peoples around them, they built the altar on its foundation and sacrificed burnt offerings on it to the LORD, both the morning and the evening sacrifices.

I love that they did this "despite their fear." Imagine what we, as Christians, could accomplish if we didn't let our fear hold us back. How many times are we worried about "the peoples around us" and what they might say or think about us? Let's worship God always, and not let our fear stop us from glorifying HIM.

No comments: