Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Highlighter [Nehemiah 1 - Job 4]

I hope these passages will bless you as much as they have blessed me...

Nehemiah 8:10b This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.

The joy of the LORD is our strength. One might ask "How can the joy of the LORD be our strength?" Look, we are blessed. It is often times really easy to focus only on the negative (I'm probably speaking to myself here more than anybody else). I have a house, I have wonderful friends, I have a loving family, and God is great for showering me with such wonderful blessings! I know that when my time on earth here is done, I'm going to be with my heavenly father. That gives me an "uber" amount of joy! This joy helps get me through the rough patches of life. This joy is my strength!

Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?

Still, one of the most powerful sermons I've heard came from this verse and it was titled "for such a time as this."

Job 1:22, 2:10b In all this, Job did not sin

Whenever you see a repeated phrase in a section of the Bible - it's important. Even though Job suffered through many tough situations, he didn't sin. Whenever you see a repeated phrase in a section of the Bible - it's important. Even if we are going through a period of bad luck, we should always do what we know is right. Whenever you see a repeated phrase in a section of the Bible - it's important. Let's take this lesson from Job and do the right thing NO MATTER WHAT! Whenever you see a repeated phrase in a section of the Bible - it's important.

No comments: