Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Highlighter [Job 5 - Psalm 55]

I've read through Psalm 55 since I've last updated on this. Here are a few things that jumped off the page and slapped me in the face...

Job 8:14-15
What he trusts in is fragile;
what he relies on is a spider's web.
He leans on his web, but it gives way
he clings to it, but it does not hold.


We must rely on God. Anything else...and we'll fall.

Job 17:9 Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger.

Job 28:28 The fear of the Lord - that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.

Psalm 5:8
Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies-
make straight your way before me.


Psalm 14:5b for God is present in the company of the righteous.

Psalm 25:3 No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,

Psalm 28:8 The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Psalm 49:20 A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish.

This is the last verse of a great chapter, one that I've been in and out of a lot the past few months. This is a great chapter about how worthless the worldly possessions we seek really are. It's been very helpful to Jenny and I as we are still seeking employment for her. We know God will take care of us, we just need to stop trusting in our "stuff."

No comments: