Friday, March 20, 2009

The Highlighter [1 Kings 4 - 2 Kings 4]

Here's what blessed me in my reading this week...I'm not going to give a lot of commentary this week, but there is little doubt that these verses stuck out to me for a number of reasons.

1 Kings 8:51 for they are your people and your inheritance,

1 Kings 8:61 But our hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.

I pray that God helps me be fully committed. Not partially or halfway, but fully. It's easy to commit to God part of our hearts...but giving him all of it requires sacrifices that we are often unwilling to make.

1 Kings 9:4 As for you, if you walk before me in integrity of heart and uprightness, as David your father did, and do all I command and observe my decrees and laws, I will establish your royal throne over Israel forever, as I promised David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.

1 Kings 10:9 Because of the LORD's eternal love for Israel...

1 Kings 18:36b-37 O Lord, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. Answer me, O LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again."

I've always loved Elijah's prayer for many reasons.


God Bless!

No comments: