Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Highlighter [2 Samuel 3 - 1 Kings 3]

This week I read 2 Samuel 3 - 1 Kings 3]

2 Samuel 13:2, 15 Amnon became frustrated to the point of illness...Then Amnon hated her with intense hatred. In fact, he hated her more than he had loved her, Amnon said to her, "Get up and get out!"

I know I touched on this a bit last week, but again we notice that when we get what we want...we often aren't happy with it. In Amnon's case, he got what he wanted (Tamar) and it resulted in hatred. We must know and understand what brings us true joy.

2 Samuel 14:14b But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person my not remain estranged from him.

We could spend a long time talking about this verse. It's very though provoking.

2 Samuel 21:1 ...David sought the face of the LORD...

I love that phrase!

2 Samuel 22:2-4
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer,
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior -
from violent men you save me.
I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies.


This is David's song that he sang to the LORD after being delivered from the hands of enemies. This is a good verse to flip to if you are ever in a time of struggle or conflict.

1 Kings 2:2 So be strong, show yourself a man, and observe what the LORD your God requires: Walk in his ways and keep his decrees and commands, his laws and requirements, as written in the Law of Moses, so that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go,

This is David's "passing the torch" speech to his son, Solomon. What great advice this would be to pass around!

God Bless!

No comments: